To enter please click the link HERE
1. The ULaw Cultural Connections Award (the “ Cultural Connections Award”) is promoted by The University of Law Limited (company no. 07933838) whose registered office is at 2 Bunhill Row, Moorgate, London, England, EC1Y 8HQ (the “University”).
2. This Cultural Connections Award is only available to students who meet the eligibility criteria set out in paragraph 13.
3. By entering the competition under this Cultural Connections Award you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. Students should complete the online application form (to be sent to each student via email) with their name, ULaw email address and two countries or regions of the same country which they would be willing to discuss with their competition partner.
5. If any students are aged under 18, a member of ULaw staff will be assigned to them throughout the competition.
6. A member of ULaw staff will attend the first part of the initial collaborate meeting, to oversee introductions and answer any questions. The staff member will also discuss ways in which students can record their vlog.
7. Students are paired up and provided with a link via email to a Collaborate room. Each pair should meet in the designated Collaborate room four times over a one-month period. During these meetings, students will learn about their partner’s chosen country/ region. Themes include (but are not limited to): language/dialect; places of interest; historical events; traditions and values; the local economy and industry; legal system; culture.
8. Each pair of students then prepare a 4-5 minute video which is to be delivered and recorded in the Collaborate room and which demonstrates their mutual learning. The vlog should be uploaded to the Collaborate room and will be judged according to the following criteria:
9. Any participating student found, in the view of the University, to be behaving inappropriately will be eliminated from the competition. Every effort will be made to find a partner for the remaining student, however the University cannot guarantee this, and reserves the right to eliminate any student from the Cultural Connections Award at its sole discretion.
10. There are three voucher amounts awarded under the Cultural Connections Award and these are as follows; £250 vouchers per student for the winning pair £150 vouchers per student for the second pair £100 vouchers per student for the third pair
11. These vouchers shall be sent to each winning student via email within 30 days of the decision made by the University with regards the competition outcome.
12. The winning pair will also have the opportunity to appear on the University’s intranet where the University will promote their participation and share the winning vlog, subject to any student providing consent to same.
13. In order to be eligible for the Cultural Connections Award you must:
a) Be a student enrolled at the University as at 31 July 2021.
14. Only one application under this Cultural Connections Award will be accepted per student.
15. Competition entries must be received by 31 May 2021 at midnight GMT. Students will be contacted via email no later than 21 June 2021 with details of their competition partner. Vlogs should be submitted via the Collaborate room by 16 July at midnight- full submission instructions will be provided beforehand. The names of both students should be included in the submission subject header. For the avoidance of doubt, no entries received after midnight GMT on 16 July shall be considered.
17. The University reserves the right to cancel the Cultural Connections Award at any time without notice if circumstances arise outside of its control.
18. The University’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Cultural Connections Award will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The decision to award vouchers under the Cultural Connections Award is at the sole discretion of the University.
20. The email address for all queries relating to the Cultural Connections Award is: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.